Saturday, August 9, 2014

Restoring my old Amiga files

  During my last holiday I got adventurous and build a null modem cable. I didn't have required plugs and raw cable itself therefore I build it from what I had available, two different PC cables that I cut in the middle and then soldered them together closely following the diagram I've found on Amiga Forever website. 


  That's how my null modem cable came about.
 
Null modem cable
  After several trials and errors I've finally found a software that worked for me. I couldn't write to Amiga disks but at least I could read them. It wasn't the most reliable and error free transfer, but after so many years I'm glad I've managed to restore any files. The software is called ADF Sender Terminal can be found on A.S.T. Amiga PAGE website.


  This time I got all images for my Amiga version of "Robot R-29" game, as well as my other programs, for example games "Snake", "Core Wars", "Ortho-Test" or demo "3D Graphs"and my simple chat bot I called "Mietek". I'm hoping to be able to transfer them all to an emulator and run them again. Once I manage to do that you'll see screenshots and listings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment